Best Time to Vistit California
Disneyland California is located in Anaheim, in the Orange County, California, 26 miles/42 Kilometers south of Los Angeles.
Best time to visit Disneyland Anaheim
What to visit in Disneyland Anaheim
When not to go to Disneyland Anaheim
Los Angeles weather map
Hotels and flights to Disneyland Anaheim, California
WHAT TO VISIT IN DISNEYLAND ANAHEIM, CALIFORNIA?
Disneyland Anaheim comprises several parks, rides and attractions:
- Adventureland includes the Indiana Jones Adventure, the Pirates of the Caribbean and the Haunted Mansion rides.
- Tomorrowland is an attraction dedicated to future, science and technology: it includes the Space Mountain, the Star Tours and the Innoventions (latest special effects).
- Frontierland is an attraction inspired by the wild west.
- Fantasyland is a set of fairy-tale rides.
- Toontown is an exposition based on cartoons for kids.
- California Adventure is a separated park, inspired by Californian features.
BEST TIME TO VISIT DISNEYLAND ANAHEIM
The number of visitors to Disneyland Anaheim varies greatly all over the year. The busiest periods are at holiday times: Summer, Christmas and Easter.
If you want to visit Disneyland Anaheim during a slower time, than you should plan your visit during one of the following periods:
- mid-September through mid-November
- mid-January through mid-March
- mid-April through mid-May.
If your criteria is avoiding crowds, you should also avoid weekend days, and prefer Tuesdays and Thursdays.
Visiting Disneyland during non-crowded periods means obviously shorter lines for attractions. But it also means less events and attractions. In the busiest periods parks are open untill later and there are more parades, fireworks, events and attractions.
WHEN NOT TO VISIT CALIFORNIA DISNEYLAND ANAHEIM
Californian weather in Disneyland Anaheim practically the same all year round. It doesn't present a clear disadvantage or inconvenience in any month or period. Yet there may be some hotter days in the Summer, that you may want to avoid.
If you want to avoid very packed periods, then do not go from Christmas through New Year's, Fourth of July Week, Spring Break (1st week of March until mid April), Memorial Day Weekend, Summer Break (2nd week of June until 2nd week of August), President's Day until the end of February.
For details on Weather in Los Angeles area, see:
Los Angeles weather map
HOTELS AND FLIGTHS
Accommodation in Anaheim Disneyland or nearby is expensive. Most people prefer looking for hotels and motels in Los Angeles. See Los Angeles Accommodation.
The Anaheim Disneyland area is served by four airports:
- Los Angeles International Airport (LAX): 50 minutes, 35 miles/56 km to Anaheim
- John Wayne Orange County Airport (SNA): 20 minutes, 13 miles/21 km to Anaheim
- Long Beach Airport (LGB): 30 minutes, 18 miles/29 km to Anaheim
- Ontario International Airport (ONT): 45 minutes, 36 miles/58 km to Anaheim